Thursday, January 21, 2016

Whole30: Day 12

Day 12
I'm almost half way through my 30 days! I can totally do this! The hardest time for me is the evenings when I feel like munching. Lara bars have been helpful.

Today's Menu:
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs with hot sauce and coffee
Lunch: Hot lunch at school today was tacos so I made mine into a salad. It was tasty.
Dinner: Chicken, spaghetti sauce, and broccoli
Snack: banana, V8 fusion (Not sure if I'm really supposed to have this. There are way too many names for sugar. I get confused)

How I'm feeling:
Well, I wondered how that soda would affect me yesterday and I figured it out. I drank it at lunch and by 3:00 I was so sleepy. It took me a minute to figure out why. Then it hit me. The Sprite! And then I realized that since I started my "food adventure" I haven't been as sleepy as I usually am. That is huge! For a long time when someone asked me how I was I always wanted to answer tired. I knew there was something wrong, but I just thought I wasn't getting enough sleep. I've been this way for years. I'm definitely starting to see how what I fill my body with affects me. And I'm really glad for that.

On a side note, today I bought my tickets to go home for my Spring Break in March! I am SO EXCITED!!! I miss my family and friends back home so much. I'll be home for a week, and that doesn't include my travel days. Woohoo!! Happy dance!

No comments: