Saturday, November 06, 2010

100 things about me as a reader

I love to read, and yet I'm in a season of my life when I don't have a lot of time to read. Vacations are wonderful because I can be content with curling up with a good book. I saw this on a blog somewhere out there and thought it was a cute idea. I might even suggest that we make a list at school. (hint hint Jen) :o) 


I'm pretty sure I can't finish this list today, but I'll add to it occasionally. 


100 things about me as a reader:
1. I love reading children's literature.
2.  I didn't like to read when I was in elementary school.
3.  Realistic Fiction and fantasy are my favorite genres.
4.  I started to like reading in Jr. High when I read my first Lori Wick book.
5. I have to love the character in a book to enjoy the book.
6.  I'd rather own a book than get it from the library. I usually have a large fee at the library. :o/
7.  I've met Jan Brett. She is my favorite children's author and illustrator.
8. I totally judge a book by its cover.
9. I have a couple shelves of books that I haven't yet read.
10.  I often skip parts in books when scenery or nature is described. But usually only when I'm reading a book for the second time.
11. I am love listening to audio books. Especially when I'm on a long road trip by myself.
12. I almost never like the movie better than the book.
13. I'd rather read the book before I see the movie. But I'll watch the movie first on occasion.
14. I'm not good at getting rid of books.
15. My 2nd grade teacher read Little House in the Big Woods in our class and to this day I love it!
16. I get excited about having authors autograph my books.
17.  I like to share my books with others, as long as I get them back.
18. I like to alternate between fiction and Christian living books.
19. I love used book stores.
20. I usually can't read in the car--I get carsick.
21.  I like to look at blog reviews and other reviews to find new children's books.
22.  I have many favorite authors.
23.  I haven't read too many graphic novels.
24.  I have a bad habit of starting a book and not picking it up for a long time. That has to do with the amount of time I have.
25. My aunt is an author and I'm planning on reading her new book when it comes out in December.
26. I love reading books that my students suggest.
27.  My favorite class in college was Children's Lit.
28. I have very little patience for reading how-to/directions.
29. I love love love to hang out in any bookstore.
30. I buy too many books!
31. I save gift cards to bookstores for a long time. It is just too hard to choose!
32. I could walk around a bookstore for hours. 

33. I like reading magazines. 
34. I really struggle with reading books that I'm required to read. I have 4 waiting on my bookshelf right now. And I need to get busy!
35. I don't read very much nonfiction. 
36. I'm really good at imagining I'm in the story. 
37. A Tale of Two Cities was my favorite book that I was required to read in High School. 
38. I'm known to giggle while I'm reading. Just ask my family. 
39. I'm a sucker for Christian romance novels. But I don't read them very often anymore. Once again...no time. 
40. I get really into the story when I read aloud to my class. So much that I might lose my voice if I read aloud for too long in one sitting. 
41. I love libraries even though I don't check books out too often. 
42. My favorite thing to do on a rainy day is curl up on my couch with a cup of tea and a good book. 
43. I use whatever I can find to use as a bookmark. But I can't keep track of actual bookmarks. 
44. I want to read all of the Nancy Drew books. 
45. There are only a handful of books that I will read more than once. 




Well, that is a pretty good start. More to come later on. :o) 
Don't forget to change your clock!

No comments: