Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful - Day 24

A few days off of school - I truly enjoyed my day off yesterday. I was lazy, lazy, lazy. Which is nice to be able to do every once in a while. I'm so thankful that I was able to sleep in and relax for the day.

And then the day ended with a movie night at my parent's house. My dad makes the best popcorn! I think I ask for it every time we watch a movie.

You have to know, my family is very varied (or random) in our movie interests. I grew up watching Star Wars and Star Trek, which I still enjoy watching occasionally, Jerry Lewis movies, John Wayne, musicals, a variety of old movies, chick flicks, action films, and many animated films.

I love watching movies with my family.

Many of the movies we like to watch together don't do well in the rating system, but to us they are just plain fun. One of the movies we watched last night is called "Rocketman." Don't get mixed up with the movie "The Rocketeer." It is completely different. Rocketman is a very goofy movie that Disney made quite a few years ago. The humor is cheesy and the story isn't very realistic, but it gets my family in stitches every time we watch it. It was so fun to have a good laugh last night.

So not only am I thankful for a few days off of school, but I'm also thankful for family movie nights. I think we should have them more often.

No comments: