Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thankful - Day 16

      All teachers know how important recess is during the day. Rainy days are especially hard because the kids don't get a chance to run around outside...and the teachers don't get much of a break from the kids. Lol.
      Especially working with younger children I can tell when the kids need to go outside and get their wiggles out. For the past few years I've had several responsibilities on the playground at school. This year I'm out on the playground less than I was the past two years so that is nice. Anyway, as the person who goes out to the playground first it is my job to get out all of the balls and jump ropes the kids use on the blacktop. I usually check the balls to see if they need to be inflated more and throw them away when they don't hold anymore air. (Yes, I know this is exciting information.)
      Today I was excited because we just got in a shipment of kick-balls and a new tetherball for on the playground. It was something I was very thankful for this morning. The kids were excited when they saw the new equipment out there. And it was fun for me to see them enjoy the new things.
      So today I'm thankful for playground equipment. :o) Random, I know, but it is true.

No comments: