Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 10

  An insecurity

I have to be honest. I'd really like to skip this one. Lol, I think I feel insecure writing about this. :) Does that count? One of the books on my list to read is "So Long, Insecurity" by Beth Moore. I haven't had time to read it yet, but I know I will benefit from it. A LOT! 
One of my insecurities is how I look. I have several pounds to lose so it is hard for me to feel confident in how I look. I'm constantly looking for clothes to make me look skinnier or checking in the mirror to make sure I look ok. I also get really insecure about how I look when I'm not exactly sure how I am supposed to dress for an event. Just recently my sister can attest to this. I get a little nervous about being over or underdressed. Usually I'm just fine, but once I get the idea in my head it is hard to get it out. 
The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart. - 1 Samuel 16:7
 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. - Psalm 139: 13-16
The context of the first verse is when the Lord is telling Samuel whom to choose to be the new king of Israel. It is such a good reminder to me that God doesn't see me the way I see myself or the way other people see me. He knows my heart and that is what makes me beautiful to Him. In Psalm 139 I'm reminded that God made me just the way I am. God is perfect, He doesn't make any mistakes. Now I do know that I need to be healthy and work on my weight some, but it shouldn't be something I'm insecure about because God thinks so much better of me. 

No comments: