Sunday, May 01, 2011

Feeling Blessed

Just returned today from Mt. Gilead where my church has their women's retreat. It was such a blessing. For one thing the weather was beautiful and I was able to have a little break from my allergies. It was also nice to be able to spend time with my friends and get to know other ladies from my church. This is only my second time going to a lady's retreat and I always wonder why more ladies don't come. One of the best parts of the time there is playing games at night in the dining hall. Last night the table I was at was laughing so hard that my abs hurt. It was great! I love times like that.

But way more important than the fun fellowship is the challenges and encouragement in my walk with the Lord. This year's speaker was Marlean Felix. She was wonderful. I'm still processing all that I learned. She spoke on Becoming a Woman of Radiance.

Here are a few things I got out of her teaching time:

  • Don't be paralyzed by the fear of what will happen next. Smile at the future because God is in control. 
  • It is a lie when we say we don't have time to be in God's Word. 
  • We need to continuously be praying for God to order our footsteps because we are prone to wander. 
That is only a little of what I got out of the teaching time. I have been challenged so much. 
During one of the teaching sessions Marlean brought up a song that I absolutely love and I've had the song stuck in my head ever since. 

Don’t Let Me Lose My Wonder - by Keith and Kristyn Getty
I’ve seen days melt into nights in circles of lights,
I’ve watched a spider spin a star between the window box flowers,
I’ve heard you laugh and cry in a single sigh,
And a story form within.
Don’t let me lose my wonder,
Don’t let me lose my wonder.
I saw her broken dreams inside but helping others fly,
I saw his eyes without a doubt though other lights faded out,
And though her calling roared,such graciousness poured
From the vision of her soul.
Don’t let me lose my wonder,
Don’t let me lose my wonder.
A baby cried through the dark beneath a jeweled spark,
I knew Your voice upon the hill and heard my lostness still,
I found my home in the light where wrong was made right
And You rose as the morning star.
Don’t let me lose my wonder,
Don’t let me lose my wonder.
I'm so thankful for the time I had out there this weekend. And I'm praying that I will continue to grow in Christ from what I learned during that time. 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It was such a blessing - glad we got to spend time together there too! I was definitely challenged and convicted - and encouraged!