Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 8

Day 08 - A pet peeve


Because school just got out that is fresh on my mind. So my pet peeve has to do with school. 
I really, really, really dislike tattling. And you must know that working with elementary students this happens a lot. 


Sarah's not standing in line quietly.  
Bobby cut in front of me. 
Henry's not sitting down while he's eating. (Jen, I used that name just for you :) 


Those are just a few examples. Sometimes the tattling is for good reason and other times it is ridiculous.  I try to not get annoyed when this happens. I remind the kids to tell me when someone is in danger not to try to get them into trouble. I also tell them to remind the other student of what they should be doing and then let them make the right or wrong choice. And other times I just say, "Ok, thanks for letting me know." Some kids will walk away just feeling content that they've done "their job" while other kids will look at me waiting for me to scold the other child. Kids are so funny sometimes. 

No comments: