Saturday, May 14, 2011

Exciting Times!

So many exciting things are going on in my life right now! I can't believe it has taken me this long blog about it. Ok, where to begin? I'm totally a list person, so I'll make you a list. :)

  1. Next year I'm teaching 3rd grade!! I've been waiting and waiting to tell people this and I finally can! I've been waiting to teach my own class at RVC and that waiting has paid off. I've loved my 3 years of teaching/aiding at Rincon, but my heart's desire has always been to have my very own class to teach. God has taught me so much during those 3 years and I know that I still have a lot to learn, but I'm super excited about next year. One of the blessings is that I know the kids who will be in my class pretty well. I worked with them in Kindergarten as well as this year while they've been in 2nd grade. I already know many of their strengths and weaknesses, which will give me a great head start for next year. 
  2. One of my dear friends got engaged a few weeks ago! I'm so excited for Lindsay and Jeff, who will get married in September. I'm going to be her maid of honor! (Another reason to be excited) I am a little sad that I won't be near her to help her with the planning of her wedding. The Lord has blessed me with several people whom I would call my best friends and Lindsay is one of them. I'm excited that the Lord has brought this man into her life!
  3. School is almost out! This is exciting and overwhelming all at the same time. There is a lot to do at the end of the school year. But I know that God will give me the strength I need to get everything done. School being out also means that Day Camp is starting soon. We have a few new families for this summer and several returning. It will be great to see how God uses us this summer in these families' lives. Many of them don't know Christ so this is a huge witnessing opportunity. 
  4. My birthday is tomorrow! That is always exciting. :) Just going to spend a nice day with my family. Coffee at Aroma Roasters, walk around Railroad Square (unless it is raining), and finish off with dinner at PamPosh (An Indian restaurant in town). Should be a great day!

No comments: