Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 4

Day 04 – A goal 


First of all I'm excited that I can say I've met a goal recently. Next year I'll have my own class to teach. I know that is what my posts have been about lately. 


So now my goal is to clear my California Teaching Credential. California is such a goofy state when it comes to teachers. There are major requirements for someone going into the teaching profession. I did a lot of work while I was getting that credential after college. But the strange thing is that I'm not done. All I have is a preliminary credential. Now that I'll have my own class I have to do work to clear my credential. It is going to be a lot of work, and I'm hoping to get it done in 1 year. I think the frustrating thing is that a lot of what I'll be doing is things I did while I was working on my preliminary credential. 


The good thing about a California Teaching Credential that is cleared is that it is pretty much good in every state. Because California is so strict other states will take it with only a few other requirements. I have no idea where God is going to lead me in the future, so it is nice to know that my career will be able to go almost anywhere. 

No comments: